Supporting and Promoting Agriculture
Agriculture is Michigan’s second leading industry and is vital for our economy. Meeting the needs of agriculture is vital to sustained economic growth.
As your member of Congress I will support the following priorities:
- Provide needed oversight to ensure the fair implementation of the Farm Bill so that Michigan farmers can have certainty to move their operations forward.
- Support the elimination of the “Death Tax” which forces too many of our family farmers to sell after the death of a loved one simply to pay the tax bill.
- Support the continuation of the national sugar program which allows this vital industry to continue at no cost to the American taxpayer.
- Oppose and repeal any efforts by the EPA to put in place the Waters of the United States regulatory overreach that would place onerous restrictions with little to no benefit for our nation’s waters.
- Develop guest worker and e-verify programs that allow our nation’s farmers to meet their labor needs while at the same time defending our borders.