Fiscal Responsibility, Limited Government, Job Creation, and Economic Growth
Our national debt has now increased to over $18 trillion with Washington heaping more and more debt on our children, grandchildren and future generations every day. If not addressed, the national debt threatens our nation’s economy and the “American Dream”. We must work together to dramatically reduce federal spending in order to eliminate our annual budget deficits and pay down our national debt over time. The best way to accomplish this is to create an environment where our economy can grow increasing funds to the treasury combined with reducing spending by shrinking the size and scope of government.
As someone who has built successful businesses in the private sector I know how to get this job done. As your member of Congress I would pursue the following fiscal priorities:
- Support pro-growth individual and corporate tax reform that eliminates special interest tax deductions for those with the right connections or best lobbyists so that we can reduce rates and simplify the tax code for every American taxpayer.
- Make America’s tax system competitive with other developed nations in the world. Encourage U.S. based corporations to bring foreign earnings into the U.S. by eliminating “double taxation” of those earnings.
- This reform would simplify the tax code, take power away from the IRS, and reduce the size and cost of the IRS.
- Take steps to protect and preserve Social Security and Medicare so the promises we made to our seniors, and they paid for, can be honored so that they can count on a secure retirement.
- Eliminate Obamacare and replace it with market based healthcare reform that would reduce costs for all and expand access to everyone.
- Encourage job creation and opportunity in the America’s economy by reducing the massive regulatory burden placed on the American economy by federal bureaucracies like the EPA and others which stifle growth with little benefit to our nation.
- Work to eliminate waste, fraud and abuse in our social welfare system which have exploded under the Obama administration and have driven costs ever higher.
- Pass and enforce work requirements for welfare programs that help instill the dignity of work and receiving a paycheck while breaking the cycle of dependence on the government.
- Prioritize spending away from wasteful purposes toward programs that help to grow our economy like investment in our infrastructure.
- Advance an “All of the Above” energy strategy that promotes new and innovative technology while at the same time opening up more federal lands to energy exploration and development. This will create countless new high paying jobs to grow our economy, send dollars to the treasury and stop shipping our wealth overseas to nations which are not friendly to America’s interests.
- Support permitting the Keystone XL Pipeline.
- Stop using taxpayer money for crony capitalism that allows the government to pick winners and losers in the economy. Let the free market choose the best ideas and innovations to build our economy.